Sunday, November 16, 2008

You ready to climb?


Hey Peeps, here is my latest......



It's a rough cut of Mr. Baldi's disco ride http://mrbaldi.blogspot.com/2008/11/spinning-class-disco-fever.html
  1. A slow build of two hills with one recovery in between the two hills
  2. A slow progression of HR
Warm Up-"Jaguar"

1st Hill-“Don’t Stop Believing”-{3:25} 70%

~Seated Climb-“slow build”

            -add every minute 

“Everybody wants to”-{3:25} 75%

~Seated Climb-“continue slow build”

            -add every minute until they are on a “meaty hill” 

“Turn to stone”-{3:25} 80% 

~Run “put some power on those legs” 

“Come as the starlight” {3:15} 85% 

~Standing Climb-add-hold the HR 

“Hi” {3:50} 85%-92% (PE 8/9)-hardest part of the climb

~Jumps on a Hill~ 

“Merry-Go-Round” {2:35} 65-70%

~Flat Road/Recovery 

2nd Hill-“Paralyzer” {3:27} 75%

~Seated Climb-“slow build”

            -add every minute 

“Evil Woman” {4:00} 80% 

~Seated Climb-“continue slow build”

            -add every minute until they are on a “meaty hill” 

“Never Miss a Beat” {2:45} 85% 

~1 min Run

~1 min Challenging Flat…… 

“Saturday Night’s Alright” {over 4} 85%-92% (PE 8/9)-hardest part of the climb

~Standing Climb

            add-several surges throughout….

 

Cool Down-“Chill Out”-

Playlist-

Jaguar- DJ Rolando / The Aztec Mystic

Don't Stop Believin'(Full Tilt Remix)-Journey

Everybody Wants To-Billy Squier

Turn to stone- Electric Light Orchestra

Come As The Starlight (Overdub Bootleg)- Nirvana VS The Supermen Lovers

Hi- Psapp

Merry-Go-Round- Puddle Of Mudd

Paralyzer-Finger 11

EvilWoman-Electric Light Orchestra

Never Miss a Beat-Kaiser Chiefs

Saturday Night's Alright-Nickelback Feat. Kid Rock

Chill Out-Carlos Santana &  John Lee Ho


The goal is to sweat!

14 comments:

Marcy said...

Nope, not ready. Too scary for me ;-) LOL

teacherwoman said...

Looks like an awesome ride! Love it!

Patrick said...

I am doing well, Shannon. Hoping you're well too!

For what it's worth, you're a braver girl than I. I would never have the... courage to teach a disco ride.

Yikes.

Love,

Patrick

Unknown said...

Exhausted just thinking about it. Think I'll pass; I'm a wimp. LOL

JayRo said...

Holy crap. yep, so not for me. BUT I will be at Powercut tonight.

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, looks tough! I've only taken one real spin class before and created the biggest sweat puddle in class. Guess I don't really know my percentages too well :-P

Viv said...

Looks like a great class! I may copy the profile if it's cool. Probably give it a try this Wed monining to my desperate houswife class.

Viv said...

Looks like a great class! I may copy the profile if it's cool. Probably give it a try this Wed monining to my desperate houswife class.

Anonymous said...

Queen -

The term 'peeps' is so early 2000s.

I like your music. How good is the Journey remix? I just found a remake of Don't Stop Believing by Marnie Stern that is excellent. It will be coming your way shortly.

I just finished up a new Threshold ride this weekend. The music is incredible. My taste is impeccable; too bad none of my riders like it.

Bill

JayRo said...

I peeped in and saw your class for a second tonight... You are awesome!!!
I love seeing you in your element :)

Shannon said...

The class was AWESOME! I had so many compliments on the music. BP, the journey remix was great. I'll send it along.

I had four from another gym say, "we are so glad we came out tonight." :) Not tooting my own horn but that felt good. BTW, Travis threw his back out, sorry bud....

I thought I was going to lose my lunch with this one, hard, sweaty workout!!!!

Shannon said...

Thanks Jenn! I'm sorry you hate to spin, how was Powercut?

Anonymous said...

Shannon -

Your friend Jennifer should educate you on the proper use of the term 'peep':
I peeped in and saw your class for a second tonight...

Calling people 'peeps' is no longer considered 'street'. Remember, a lot of people (OK, one) think that I'm down with the street.

Where's my Don't Stop Believing remix? Your Marnie Stern remake is in your e-mail in box.

Shannon said...

BP, sending the Journey Remix now! Your sooooo demanding street boy!