Sunday, November 30, 2008

Post-Gluttony Run

Since I consumed way to much food Thursday, Friday, & Saturday I decided to run 6 yesterday. I'm concentrating on burning off the (probably) 3 pounds I gained this past weekend.  It was a crisp 49 degrees with a slight breeze.  I had some great tunes loaded and since I don't have my Garmin (yet) I think my pace was faster than when I was training for B2B. :) I did where my strap for the left IT band, just in case.  The run was awesome, no clicking, no tightness.  I'll start training for Shamrock in January and this gave me the confidence that maybe I could obtain a new PR in March. This tune was on repeat more than once, check it out. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I have much to be thankful for, running is one of them.  Thank you running for helping me with the confidence to accomplish just about anything.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely day for a 6-mile run. Glad that your IT band didn't give you any problems either.

Anonymous said...

I was going to run today, but it's raining. I was going to run on the track and try to calibrate my Nike iPod sensor. Maybe tomorrow, depending on the weather.

I like the music, my son turned me on to Bloc Party. He's got Hunting for Witches as his ringtone.

Marcy said...

Santa def needs to get you a Garmin ;-) You deserve it.

JayRo said...

You're right; lots to be thankful for! One of mine is YOU :)
Good luck with the Garmin... I'll whisper in the Jolly old guy's ear next time I see him....

teacherwoman said...

Nice run!

ShirleyPerly said...

I hope you decide to do the B2B 1/2. Would be great to meet you. Yay for no IT issues!

Travis Owney said...

Awesome Shannon. You've had a great year. I'll put in a good word with Santa as well, but if there is only one remaining, I'll to make that hard decision on whether I'm a giving spirit or Scrooge. :-)

Anonymous said...

I hope Santa gets you the Garmin, girlfriend.... and I hope he gets me a new book contract, too (or another shiny sticker ;0)

xoxo

Tracie