- I think most of you know how I feel about "New Year Resolutions." My feelings are mixed, on the one hand I'm excited, pumped, & jazzed about people making a decision to put health first in their lives. On the other hand, child please....you don't need to wait until January 1st to gain control of a healthy lifestyle and most times people stop by March because it gets too difficult. (rolling eyes) With all that being said, I've been asked a lot about what my advice is on "diets, nutrition, and how to lose weight."
- In the past I've talked about clean eating and what a huge fan I am. I wanted to touch base on my blog about the subject of clean eating. This is not necessarily a "diet" but more a healthy way to eat and lose weight at the same time. The simple and easiest way to explain clean eating is eating natural foods (God's food), nothing processed, combining complex carbohydrates and proteins at every meal and the food is broken up into 5-6 mini meals a day.
Example: 1800 Calorie Diet
Mid Morning Snack-200
Late Afternoon Snack-200
After Dinner Snack-200
- The key is to keep the body from "starving" until the next meal. This keeps the metabolism (your body's engine) charged, blood sugar levels regulated, and helps with overall health & clarity of mind, body, and spirit.
In the trainers library:
- The bottom line is I think people think they have to suffer, starve, and make themselves miserable to lose weight. This unfortunately develops a cycle of starve, lose weight, burn out, gain weight, starve, lose weight, burn out, gain weight....
- You have to eat to lose weight and keep the body charged throughout the day!
- I would never recommend something I didn't try out myself. This changed my perspective in healthy eating and helped me to be in the best shape of my life. :)
- In the next few weeks, I'm gonna offer more information about clean eating and how you can make in a part of your life very easily.