Sunday, November 28, 2010

I am

I am

I am sick of conformity

I am a child of God

I am your best friend, but occasionally falter and will let you down

I am Lil’ Kim, Ralph Waldo Emerson, & Jack Lalanne on any given day

I am confused

I am swim, bike, run

I am a fruit bowl, good for you, colorful, and you enjoy taking to parties

I am scared of the dark

I am a good mother in spite of myself

I like to make you laugh, even if it’s just an attempt

I like a good quote that gives me goose bumps and places things in perspective

I like to dance

I like to see people reach their potential

I like the smell of honeysuckle

I want to lie on your chest and hear you breathe

I want you to be proud of me

I want to see fresh flowers on my table when I come through my door

I want to see them cross the stage with a college diploma

I want to master living in the moment

________

In the spirit of gaining perspective, waiting patiently, and getting healthy, I decided to start writing poetry and journaling my thoughts and feelings. I came across Julie Gray's blog about writing and found her I am writing challenge. I didn't enter the contest but still enjoyed reading the "I am" poems and decided it would be "life-affirming and uplifting for YOU."

If you are going through a transition in your life start writing about it, even if you are the only one reading it.

_______

With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

5 comments:

Unknown said...

very nice. :-)

Gotta Run..... said...

WOW...thanks for bringing me here today :)

I am mastering the art of just being still...in the moment... meditating. Sometimes stopping helps me LIVE in the moment instead of always looking ahead.

Keep writing!!!

Kent Mack said...

Thank you, Shannon!

Wes said...

nice. I like.

Dave said...

beautiful....wonderful....