Beginning in January the gym will be flooded with "New Years Resolution" folks trudging their ways to the local fitness gym to get healthy and fit! Unfortunately, many folks will give up on their "resolution" to get healthy and by March the treadmills will be available again. You might hear a tinge of condescension in my talk of the Resolution Folks because you can make a decision to "get healthy" any minute of any day of the week, you don't have to wait until January 1st to do it. I digress....
Here are a few tips to help you not gain weight during this Christmas drinking, eating, partying time of year.
- If the party is on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night then eat clean all week long-not cheating so that when "party time" comes you will have just splurged and not sabotaged your healthy way of life.
- Drink lots of water before you go, so it fills your stomach and you won't fill up on all the appetizers that will blow you up later.
- Don't wait to "work out" in January, continue your active lifestyle during the entire month of December.
- Avoid "office goodies" if you know you'll be having the "liquid goodies" later at the party.
- Wire your mouth shut! (probably not a good idea if you want to be social)
- Try not to embarrass yourself by getting drunk and dancing like an idiot, they'll be talking about you all year.
- Be Smart~have a designated driver.
Had this gorgeous creature 11 years ago today!
Happy Birthday to my lil' man.