Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Like a thief in the night I stole this little gem from
This is my kind of Christmas music.
I'm a sucka for a dubstep sound, it's dark, heavy,
deep, and puts a smile on this girls face.
Posted by Shannon at 8:26 AM
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
This is very cool for us wannabe dj types.
Jim Pavloff took the classic Prodigy Song
"Smack My Bitch Up"
and breaks down the making of the track.
It's long, but fascinating to me.
This brother makes it look so easy, I seriously can't tell the difference between the two tracks.
Take a listen to the original and you be the judge.
Posted by Shannon at 8:07 AM
Friday, December 18, 2009
I know it's December and the cool temperatures are here. I know you're a real puss in cold weather and feel you couldn't hang with me outside with your friends. I'm kind of lonely and sad just sitting over here in the corner. You only play with me when it's warm outside but I promise there is a way to play with me in cold weather too. I have a friend named Cervelo who has the best tips on riding in cold weather. The idea is to keep your head, hands, & feet covered and wear layers. It's just a little bit different riding with me than running outside. Why not give it a try and we can play together all winter?!?
Your buddy in all seasons,
Any other tips you guys care to share?
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
This is the official bloggy post to get me in the Christmas spirit.
These 5 things usually do it.....
1.) Smell of Pine
2.) Christmas Lights
3.) Bing Crosby
4.) These Guys
5.) My Messiah
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son and shall call his name Immanuel.
What are you committed to this Christmas season?
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Last week cutie pie posted this video of Lebron James.
It made me smile!
What made you smile this week?
Posted by Shannon at 7:50 AM
Friday, December 4, 2009
Beginning in January the gym will be flooded with "New Years Resolution" folks trudging their ways to the local fitness gym to get healthy and fit! Unfortunately, many folks will give up on their "resolution" to get healthy and by March the treadmills will be available again. You might hear a tinge of condescension in my talk of the Resolution Folks because you can make a decision to "get healthy" any minute of any day of the week, you don't have to wait until January 1st to do it. I digress....
Here are a few tips to help you not gain weight during this Christmas drinking, eating, partying time of year.
- If the party is on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night then eat clean all week long-not cheating so that when "party time" comes you will have just splurged and not sabotaged your healthy way of life.
- Drink lots of water before you go, so it fills your stomach and you won't fill up on all the appetizers that will blow you up later.
- Don't wait to "work out" in January, continue your active lifestyle during the entire month of December.
- Avoid "office goodies" if you know you'll be having the "liquid goodies" later at the party.
- Wire your mouth shut! (probably not a good idea if you want to be social)
- Try not to embarrass yourself by getting drunk and dancing like an idiot, they'll be talking about you all year.
- Be Smart~have a designated driver.
Had this gorgeous creature 11 years ago today!
Happy Birthday to my lil' man.
Posted by Shannon at 6:40 AM